ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FileSet and DirSet break if the directory does not exist
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:59:56 GMT
I am not sending this thru bugzilla, because this
discussion is going beyond the bug.

william_ferguson@versata.com  2002-08-02 07:29

> Actually, I'm not attempting to get uptodate to
> work.
> I have several places where this hurts, one example
> is attemptying to jar
> artefacts that may not have been created.
>
> <jar jarfile="${jar.name}.jar" >
>   <fileset dir="${src.res.dir}"/>
>   <fileset dir="${generated.res.dir}"/>
> </jar>
>
> Where generated.res.dir may or may not exist.

What is it that you want to happen in this case?
Do you want <jar> to fail because generated.dir.res
does not exists? Or do you want <jar> to suceed and
dismiss the missing directory?

The optionaldir attribute I proposed will give you the
avility to choose which behaviour is right for you.

Is there any other behavior you have in mind?

Jose Alberto