ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Documentation of New Ant Tasks
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2002 05:41:25 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <jlcarpenter@household.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 10:05
Subject: Documentation of New Ant Tasks

> I have been working on fixing the existing optional Visual Age for Java
ant
> tasks.  In the process I am also creating a couple new tasks that
> complement
> the existing VAJ tasks.  My current question is how to document the new
> tasks.  The original tasks have a good deal of javadoc comments whose
> pattern I have followed but I notice there is more information in the
> online manual than is available in the javadoc comments.  From this I
> conclude that I should change the html in the manual pages or some source
> from which the html files are generated.  I have briefly looked on the
> jakarta site but found no guidance on where to start.  Should I really be
> looking for some latex document, etc?

some of the 1.5 tasks (setproxy and, um, something else that escapes me but
it was one I stuck in) only use the xdoclet generated docs, so everything
stays in one file. For new tasks, I'd take that path, remembering to escape
angle brackets and the like in the java source to make it less readable,
then use proposal/xdocs to doc things.