ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Easily compare two XML files (Suggestion for new ant utility)
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:07:52 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <jlcarpenter@household.com>

> Thanks for all the useful responses.  I didn't expect as many good answers
> I received.  Quite obviously this must be something everyone else needs to
> do as well.

Yes but people failed mostly to see what really means document being equals.
it depends on a lot of parameters and Sascha Coenen reply was perfectly
correct.

>  With this amount of interest I now think some sort of XML
> comparison would be a handy method to have available somewhere in the
> org.apache.tools.ant.util package.

It's not Ant purpose to be a repository of utility tools that could be
useful in context A or B.
Code exists outside that does this.

> I would go ahead and make such a XML comparison utility but I am running
> out of time.  I have already spent vastly more time than I expected
dealing
> with nasty bugs in the Execute and CVS tasks just to help get my tasks
> working.

Why would you want to make yet another xml diff  ?