ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: jspc fixed up but now broken due to other jasper changes.
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:40:23 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dominique Devienne" <DDevienne@lgc.com>
To: "'Ant Developers List'" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 7:20 AM
Subject: RE: jspc fixed up but now broken due to other jasper changes.

> Then embed an optional <mapper> in <jspc> that would allow forward
> compatibility... Would probably still need to be a FAQ, but at least there
> would be a turn-around in case the mapping changes again in the
future. --DD

agreed. There is some mapping stuff in the architecture; each compiler
adapter has to provide its own mapper, but we only supply a default one.

Pulling it out to a mapper gives extra flexibility.

The other approach is to have different adapters for different jasper
versions, maybe even inside jasper itself.

wierd; it is still breaking with classpath errors.