ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernhard Lenz" <BL...@BerMark.com>
Subject org.apache.tools.ant.listener.Log4jListener.taskStarted logging with INFO priority
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:40:25 GMT
We configured our build scripts to use ant's Log4jListener to log the
build outputs.

Unfortunately the log outputs get cluttered with tons of "Task started"
and "Task finished" statements which are created by the
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.Log4jListener.taskStarted and taskFinished
methods which log with INFO priority. We cannot filter the INFO messages
because other important information (e.g. execTask, etc.) is logged with
INFO priority.

Does it make sense to change the
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.Log4jListener.taskStarted and taskFinished
methods in the ant code base to log with DEBUG or VERBOSE priority
instead of INFO? I believe start and finish statements (especially on
the task level) is more debugging information rather than helpful info
data.

What is your opinion?

Greetings

Bernie