ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Curt Arnold" <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: Problem compiling Fortran files using gcc compiler and cpptasks
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2002 01:19:29 GMT
Each compiler adapter has a list of file extensions that it recognizes.
Extensions that aren't recognized by some compiler are assumed to belong to
the linker.  In the current version, gcc only recognizes C and C++ type
extensions.

Supporting a new language in cpptasks consists of two parts, writing a
source file scanner that is sufficient to extract the file dependencies for
the language of concern and writing an adapter for the command line
compiler.  In this case, there is already a scanner for FORTRAN that is used
by the Digital -> Compaq -> HP Visual Fortran compiler.  However, the
Digital FORTRAN compiler uses a Microsoft C command line style.  So it would
be best to combine something in the GccCompatibleCompiler hierarchy with the
existing FORTRAN parser.

Let me take a look at it and I might be able to combine the two fairly
painlessly.

This would be best discussed on the
ant-contrib-developers@lists.sourceforge.net mailing list
(http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=36177).