ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Testing Optional Ant Tasks
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 21:15:39 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 13:34
Subject: Re: Testing Optional Ant Tasks

> Also, while there *isnt* anything on testing ant tasks in the
> soon-to-be-seminal Java Development with Ant book, there are 5+ pages on
the
> subject in its CVS repository that Erik or I could retrieve, update to the
> latest version of the test classes (it was written against the old one),
and
> then add to the ant documentation.

OK, here is a seven page PDFshowing how to write and test tasks. You should
really read it alongside our book which is apparently shipping as of this
week (!), or look more closely at the ant source and javadocs  which contain
the same information in a different format.

I'm minded to pull this in to the ant docs; it is short and simple enough to
merit this, we just need to pull the test class into its own jar, regress
test the example, clean up and format convert the doc to docbook or similar.

-steve