ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Testing Optional Ant Tasks
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 20:34:19 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 13:09
Subject: Re: Testing Optional Ant Tasks

> Have a look in Ant's CVS tree.  There is a base class, exactly as you
> suspected.  As for being documented - not really, but once you browse
> Ant's source tree in the test cases area you'll get the hang of it
> relatively easily.
>
> And we're here to help if you run into more questions along the way.
>
> Erik

there is the intent to make the test class a standalone jar for easier of
testing of 3rd party tasks; someone needs to sit down and edit build.xml to
create this.

Also, while there *isnt* anything on testing ant tasks in the
soon-to-be-seminal Java Development with Ant book, there are 5+ pages on the
subject in its CVS repository that Erik or I could retrieve, update to the
latest version of the test classes (it was written against the old one), and
then add to the ant documentation. Same for another out-take: common build
file problems and how to diagnose them.

-Steve