ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting up optional.jar
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:31:40 GMT
On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Stephane Bailliez <stephane.bailliez@haht.com>
wrote:

>> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
>>> I don't get it. Why trax ? or why trax only should I say.
>>> What do you plan to do when a task depends on say trax AND bsf ?
>
>>There is no such case, inquire when it happens. 8-)
>
> May I ask what you have in mind exactly ?

Sure.

If people get bitten by
<http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/faq.html#delegating-classloader> and
want to go the route of removing the TraXLiaison class, they'd only
have to move ant-trax.jar out of ANT_HOME/lib and not repackage
optional.jar.

Once antlibs are there in some way, these split up jars could
optionally be used as individual antlibs as well.

> As mentioned by Henri, ant-tasks-xxx might be better than 'optional'

They may contain types as well (the -bcel.jar would hold
classfileset).

antlib-xxxx.jar?

Stefan