ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: [warning inflammatory email] Stagn-ant?
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 08:00:46 GMT
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Peter Donald <> wrote:

> To adopt a new code base you take a vote and at last check of active
> committers this meant all but 3 committers must approve the
> adoption.

I'm not sure I can parse what you are saying here, and I can't find a
reference to the way a new code base gets adopted anyway.  Could you
please clarify?

Basically we have two modes of voting at jakarta, (lazy) consensus or
(lazy) majority votes.

majority means at least three +1s and more +1s than -1s.  Is this what
you described above?

consensus is simpler, at least three +1s and no single -1.

I'm not sure where I'd put the adoption of a new code base, if it was
a product change, it would require consensus.  If it was voting on a
new release, it required majority.

The "definition" of "Product Change" is rather broad:

| Changes to the products of the Project, including code and
| documentation,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message