ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Top level tasks
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:55:08 GMT
The things that are still broken:

(1) You can throw Ant into an infinite loop with <ant> or <antcall> at
the top level calling the same build file - this will not be caught
ATM as Main sets the ant.file property after parsing the build file
but the task gets executed while parsing it.

(2) -projecthelp will run the top level tasks.

Both are symptoms of the same misconception - ProjectHelper shouldn't
execute any tasks IMHO.

Now the question to those people that have already done what I'm
trying to do in Mutant and Myrmidon: How have you done that?  Why have
you done it that way?

Right now I'd say that ProjectHelper should stuff all top level tasks
and data types into an anonymous target and hand that target of to
Project.  If project is asked to execute, then run this implicit
target before calling anything else.

Would this work or am I missing some (maybe obvious) problems?

Stefan