ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting up optional.jar
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:33:35 GMT
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, John Morrison <John.Morrison@uk.experian.com>
wrote:

> Would it be worth splitting them out and asking the projects where
> they, possibly more logically should live, if they would mind
> maintaining them?

Done that about twenty months ago (JUnit's own build file still spawns
<java> to run the TextUI test runner, you know).

And then there is this backwards compatibility issue ...

Assume we move <junit> to JUnit and release Ant 1.6 without it.
People who upgrade to 1.6 will suddenly be without this task, they'd
be forced to upgrade their JUnit as well (to get a version with that
task) - which also means that there has to be a new release of JUnit
with that task before we could release Ant 1.6.

Stefan