ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 2 et al.
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 08:32:44 GMT
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, <dion@multitask.com.au> wrote:

> the tasks that are currently packaged in optional.jar and their
> external dependencies and reliance on the user setting things up
> correctly, i.e. jar files in the right place etc.

Will change in some way, I'm sure.

> The tasks should come with their own jars in place,

This is impossible to do for many of our optional tasks as they
require stuff that we cannot (re)distribute.

> or know how to download them if needed.

As long as there is a way to avoid any auto-download so that the task
uses what I already have on my box, this is fine with me - same goes
for bundling of dependencies.

I'm always surprised of the result when I do a
"find ~ -name junit.jar -print | wc -l"
on my machine 8-)

Stefan