ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Ant 1.5 Released
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:51:09 GMT
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>> Getting some help here, would be very nice.
>
> You can pass it by me first, if you like -- I've been known to clean
> up a doc every now and then :)

I know, thanks for the offer.

I'll post the result of what I have and your feedback tomorrow to
Usenet and FreshMeat.  Expecting a new all time high on these funny
graphs <http://freshmeat.net/project-stats/view/13902/>.

It has to be rather short for FreshMeat (< 600 characters) and I don't
think keeping it short would hurt for Usenet either. Err, and

| Complete sentences written in 3rd-person English are preferred.

We don't need to explain what Ant is IMHO, people know that, just what
the major changes for this release are.  OK, here we go:

,----
| This release features improved support for JDK 1.4.  Not only does Ant
| itself build and test completely on 1.4, support to compile with
| assertions has also been added.
|
| Ant 1.5 supports new platforms with Netware and z/OS and MacOS X
| support has been improved.
|
| Among the many new tasks and features there is now support for user
| input, BZIP2 archives, checksums and a built-in task for server
| deployment.
`----

Almost exactly 400 chars 8-)
Too many "support"s IMHO.