ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/helper ProjectHelperImpl.java
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:47:44 GMT
On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:

> But I think what we should fix is -projecthelp

How can you fix it?  You'd still need to execute <import> if you want
to list the imported targets as well, don't you?

> and make clear that whatever is at top level will be executed after
> the xml file is read, regardless of the target name to be executed.

Not nice IMHO.

> And we should recommend that only 'initialization' tasks
> should be at top level

+1 - together with some examples of what we consider "'initialization'
tasks".  My list would be all property setting tasks as well as
taskdef and typedef.  Others?

> - however I don't think we should enforce this too strongly,

Can we at all?

Stefan