ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - jakarta-avalon-logkit
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:57:57 GMT
Hi,

As Sam pointed out, this Build Failure has been caused by a change in
Ant - the next Gump run should work again, a work-around has been
committed.

In logkit's build file you have a construct

  <path id="tools.class.path">
    <fileset dir="${jakarta-site.dir}/lib"/>
  </path>

and jakarta-site.dir points to "../jakarta-site".  This directory
doesn't (at least not on Sam's or my box) exist, "../jakarta-site2"
would work in the Gump context.

When this construct is parsed, Ant will log a message in debug mode
that calls toString on the corresponding Path instance.

Until yesterday this log statement was called before the nested
fileset has been handled - thus an empty String would have been
logged, as the Path was empty.

Since yesterday, the instance will be configured completely before
logging, this will lead to evaluation of the fileset and the exception
you have seen.  The work-around I've committed will now catch the
exception and print a warning instead.

Why am I telling avalon-dev?  You rely on a bug IMHO and I'd simply
ask you to fix your build file (even though the work-around will be
kept in place to ensure backwards compatibility).

Cheers

        Stefan