ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Classloaders and optional.jar (was Re: My itches for 1.6)
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:43:49 GMT
On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:

> But if we split optional in antlibs, it doesn't hurt to 'name' each
> group component with a unique name - and use that as 'namespace
> URI'.

Sure, fine.  But we must be aware that Myrmidon and Mutant have been
using namespaces for other things (as well) and may need to sort that
out.

> I hope you're not -1 on the temporary solution I proposed

I'm not too fast with -1s (at least I think so).

> - of detecting if optional.jar is in the CLASSPATH and replacing the
> class loader with a non-delegating AntClassLoader for all optionals.

As long as it is not the default behavior and doesn't affect
build.sysclasspath's behavior (i.e. if build.sysclasspath is set to
only, then by all means, delegate).

Stefan