ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [warning inflammatory email] Stagn-ant?
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 10:41:32 GMT
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 18:00, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
>> > To adopt a new code base you take a vote and at last check of
>> > active committers this meant all but 3 committers must approve
>> > the adoption.
>>
>> I'm not sure I can parse what you are saying here, and I can't find
>> a reference to the way a new code base gets adopted anyway.  Could
>> you please clarify?
>
> Rules for revolutionaries is the document.

If reread it three times now, all it[1] says is

,----
| Once all issues have been taken care of and the merge is approved, the
| new code becomes the trunk.
`----

No word about how that approval happens - consensus and majority are
the only options, nothing that looks like your description above.

> Not sure what happened after that.

This[2], still nothing that looks like your description.

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  <http://www.x180.net/Mutterings/Apache/rules.html>

[2]  <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/proposal.html>