ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Namespaces/SAX2 (was Re: My itches for 1.6)
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:38:12 GMT
splitting into separate threads to make it easier to follow ...

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:
> On 15 Jul 2002, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> > While it is possible to use it as plugin, I would like to propose
>> > deprecating ( but not removing :-) the SAX1 helper and use SAX2.
>>
>> As long as it remains reasonably backwards compatible, fine.
>
> I think we should first agree that <test:task> is at least against
> the recommendations of the XML spec in the last 2-3 years.

True, but as Conor pointed out, people file bug reports because Ant
doesn't allow -- to appear inside of comments.

The problem may become not existant depending on what the SAX2 parser
is going to do with namespaces (especially if it encounters a
namespace it doesn't know about).

I think the default action for unknown namespaces should be to ignore
the element/attribute - and in the case of elements, we could first
look up a task/type definition with a name like ns:element to even
catch test:task.

Stefan