ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pvcs tasks idea and license question
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:48:32 GMT
On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Steven Newton <snewton@standard.com> wrote:

> The source code I would like to use as a starting point comes from a
> pvcs vm add-in for JBuilder.  Currently the code is licensed under
> the GPL (v2 or later) and I know there are issues with GPL'd code in
> Ant.

Unsolvable issues, yes.

The choices you have - unless you manage to get in touch with William
and make him relicense it:

* Call all of his code via reflection (ack).

* Start your own pvcs task project somewhere (sourceforge, whichever
...), make it dual licensed and use Williams code.  If you go that
route, it wouldn't be distributed with Ant, of course.  This may mean
you'd be in violation of the GPL because you'd rely on Apache licensed
code according to some people's interpretation, though.

Stefan