ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/helper ProjectHelperImpl.java
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:17:07 GMT
On 31 Jul 2002, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:
>
> > My proposal is to execute top-level before target dependency,
> > including in the case of -projecthelp. That favors import over
> > arbitrary top-level tasks.
>
> Just to make sure I get this right - execute all top level tasks, yes?

Well, 'execute top level tasks', yes. Not sure about 'all' :-)

I need <import> to be executed before resolving target dependency.

Ant1.5 execute top level tasks as soon as they are parsed,
you seem to prefer to execute top level tasks after resolving
depenencies ( by adding "" as a dependent to all targets ),
I would like them before ( by explicitely executing "" after
reading the file and before dependencies ).

Should we ask for a vote to sort this out ?

There is an alternate solution to go back to Nicola's proposal
and add an explicit <init>, and execute only this one. But
the problem is the same - what is allowed in <init> ?

One thing I wouldn't like is having some tasks that are
executed at init time ( i.e. before resolving deps ) and
some executed after, that would be messy.

Costin