ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject RE: Embed Sandbox Proposal: HOWTO?
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:01:07 GMT
On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Wannheden, Knut wrote:

> >From your description it is not quite clear to me if your new ProjectHelper
> is intended as a plugin for the oat.ant.ProjectHelper or as a additional
> implementation of a ProjectHelper like oat.ant.helper.ProjectHelperImpl.  Or
> have you maybe even done both?

It is a pluging for oat.ant.ProjectHelper, replacing the default

ProjectHelper is the 'interface' ( well, base class ), ProjectHelperImpl
is one implementation ( the default one ), PHI2 is an alternative one
( and I hope default for next release ).

> If you're working on the oat.ant.ProjectHelper I have a small change to
> propose:  The parse(Project, Object) method allows a ProjectHelper plugin to
> set up a Project from an arbitrary input, not just a File.  But the method
> is actually called from oat.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(Project,
> File), which is the actual entry point.  And this makes it impossible to
> read from anything other than File.  So if the File argument of
> configureProject() were changed into a Object argument, the problem would be
> solved.

I don't think we can change the File argument ( backward compat :-), but
we can add a second configureProject with Object param ( that would be
backward compatible, and since it's abstract class not inteface we could
still compile for both ).

Seem like a good idea.

I'm not sure what's the right procedure - since it's an API change to
a core ant class it may be a good idea to make a formal proposal.
But it's a pretty small change - so I can check it in and wait for -1s.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message