ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [VOTE] target-less build files - counting results
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:26:28 GMT
On 23 Jul 2002, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> We've had six +1s and one -1 by the committers who did not abstain
> (and Stephane's explicit 0).

> Comparing (a) to (b) the first argument is not valid IMHO, I cannot

It doesn't matter.

The decision to remove top-level tasks had few -1s ( mine included ),
but it was a majority vote.

The current rules for release and 'rule for revolutionary' imply that
the majority can decide what features and code it wants ( instead
of one individual making the decisions )

Peter can propose another vote if he wants - but until this happens
I consider the subject closed, ant will support targetless build
files.

Costin