ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject RE: what I want to see in the next version of ant
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 22:37:26 GMT
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Dominique Devienne wrote:

> Beside Costin, I don't remember anyone saying he/she wouldn't want to
> consider switching code base entirely (but among the sea of posts, I could

To clarify - my problem is with getting a whole bundle of new APIs and
behaviors without having each one voted and analised individually.

> have missed them of course). Most committers admit they haven't even had
> time to look in depth at either proposals (now single proposal). Some said

I think this is false - there are several proposals. Antlib is one,
ProjectHelper2 is another proposal. And many things in Mutant are
pretty good ( and better than myrmidon )

For each problem we must find the best solution.

And we must analyze and _vote_ for each new API or feature - otherwise
we'll have yet another revolution for 2.1 or 3.0.

I have no problem with getting code from myrmidon and mutant
and the other proposals - as long as we are certain that code
is the right solution for the problem.

I have a huge problem with getting whatever happened to be
Peter's preference as a new codebase.

Costin