ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: what I want to see in the next version of ant
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:31:19 GMT
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Diane Holt wrote:

> > 1.x effort continues on, but only for
> >   a) bug fixes
> >   b) selected new tasks
> >   c) minor additions that make sense for 1.x
>
> I agree completely. That's why I said "maintenance releases of 1.5" rather
> than "bug-fix releases" -- but if you want to introduce significant
> changes (and, personally, I see the ATATT change as significant), then
> it'd probably have to be 1.6. In any case, I definitely think it's time to
> stop spinning our wheels on 2.0 and actually start making it happen.

I think we were making it happen already. There are few changes
that are proposed, work is well under way - the only question is
if we'll call it 1.6 or 2.0 or 3.0. And the name can only be set
in a release plan - until this happen we just work on 'the main tree'
and all changes are for 'the next major release of ant'.

Costin