ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject RE: [VOTE] target-less build files (plus a new proposal)
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:59:49 GMT
On Mon, 20 May 2002, Ara Abrahamian wrote:

> Hey! It's what I think. I think it's bad. You think it's good. Maybe I'm
> wrong, if many ppl think it's good. It's just a technical debate.

It doesn't look like a technical debate - we are arguing over taste
and style. There is little technical here.

Some people are saying 'we like that and want to use it'. Other people are
saying "we don't like that and we'll not use it".

The problem is they are also saying - "because we don't like it, you
shouldn't use it as well".

I don't think ant's goal is to be perfect ( acording to anyone's taste ),
but to be flexible and open enough to meet everyone's needs.

Costin