ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: Problems with <import>
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 19:25:35 GMT
On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I still prefer explicit <init> and <destroy> targets to be executed
> befor and after every build...

That's a bit orthogonal - whatever is at top level has allways been
executed before anything else.

If we add explicit init/destroy - different issue.

> Anyway, I really cannot say anything of your solution, if not that
> making it a task makes more use-cases possible, and is cool.
> Commit, man, lemme see the code :-)

It is checked in ( proposals/sandbox/embed ). I also checked in a binary
( ant-sax2.jar ) - just place it in jakarta-ant-1.5/lib.
( works with 1.6 as well ).

It works fine - except for the super, which I don't even understand.
In your sample build.xml, mb2 depends on super.mb2. What does it
means ??? I would understand an imported file like build2,3,4.xml
to refer to 'super.mb2'.

If I change super.mb2, everything else works as I expect it ( but that
may not be what you want ).

BTW, the code needs more refactoring and <description> is still
broken. I'll implement it as a top-level task, similar with
import - and any other task that operates on project
before execution will be possible, so if you want something else
a normal task can be used.

Finding the right hooks is the only problem, I don't want to
expose too much SAX.

Costin