ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: Problems with <import>
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 17:56:22 GMT
I'll check in a first version - it doesn't work very well yet.
Import is implemented as a task ( now that it can be top-level ).

What I'm going to do is change a bit the implementation of
top-level tasks.

They'll still be added to an implicit target, and that target
will be executed first. But instead of achieving this by
adding the special target as a dependency to each other target
and relying on the deps graph, it'll be executed explicitely,
after the parsing and construction of the model.

This will be even closer to the original, and will allow
other targets similar with <import>, with access to the
processing model. The description handler will be another
task that'll do this.

Stefan, Nicola - comments ?

Costin