ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Problems with <import>
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 02:51:04 GMT

I modified the patch to work with ProjectHelperImpl2, but it won't
work ( and it'll not work with ProjectHelperImpl either ).

The problem is that after the changes to allow task at top
level, the processing of the top level happens after the
whole document is read. That  brakes the ImportHandler.

There are 2 solutions:
- change back the processing so that top-level elements are
executed after reading. Seeing how all things get cleaner and
simpler with Stefan change - I wouldn't go this way.

- change ImportHandler to work with the new model.

With the second solution it should even be possible to make it
a regular task ( well, not very regular - it may have some hooks
into ProjectHelperImpl ).

That's what I'll try. As previously, my target is ant1.5,
I hope to be able to use this in the current build.

Costin