ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Top-level tasks and targetless build in 1.5
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:50:54 GMT

I updated ProjectHelper2 with the recent changes made by Stefan.

It also has the <systemPath> task - which will 'redefine' all optional
tasks in a non-delegating AntClassLoader, and allows you to define
a path that will be added to  the system.

Use:
  <path id="my.system.path" >
    ... all jars you want - junit, bsf, etc ...
  </path>
  <systemPath pathRef="my.system.path" />

  <junit ... />

This should work fine for ant1.5 - it works as a 'hot patch' - you
just install ant-sax2.jar in ANT_HOME/lib and all those nice features
of ant1.6 will be available. ( make sure you remove junit.jar and
all the other stuff you had to put in ant/lib ).

Let me know if it works for you - it's by no mean completed, more
of an 'alpha'.

Stefan - if you plan to make more changes to ProjectHelper and the
targetless, please also update PH2 ( or I'll do it later ...)

Costin