ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: Splitting up optional.jar
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:55:00 GMT
On 18 Jul 2002, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, John Morrison <John.Morrison@uk.experian.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Couldn't the first thing that the core ant do is construct it's own
> > classloader and populate it with the optional jars?
>
> Already discussed in a different thread (Costin suggested to do so and
> has been vetoed because it would break backwards compatibility).

So far it wasn't 'vetoed'. I need to make a code change first ( and
all my changes are in the proposal area ), and you need valid arguments -
and I disagree Peter's arguments are valid, since the default
will work ( if you have all the stuff in CLASSPATH, no change will be
visible ). It'll only enable new uses, which didn't worked before.

Costin