ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: Splitting up optional.jar
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:53:41 GMT
+1 on the proposal.

I prefer ant-XXXX.jar, is shorter and more specific
( 'optional' is quite generic ).

One small issue - for the first step just spliting is enough,
but I think as a second step we should include a 'manifest'
with the tasks in each one. Just the current properties-style
format, maybe as META-INF/ant.properties or anttasks.properties
or something like that.

I know there is a proposal for an XML format with more information,
but we can do that later.

Of course, I would have proposed META-INF/services/org.apache....,
but that only allows to specify class names - not the task name
associated with the class :-(

Costin