ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: My itches for 1.6
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 23:22:31 GMT
On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Peter Donald wrote:

> At 12:50 PM 7/15/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> ><test:task> is invalid in the current XML spec and rejected by SAX2
> >parsers, while it works in SAX1 ( and ant1 ).
>
> It works fine in SAX2 parsers as long as you turn off name space
> processing. And it is not "invalid" it is merely not recomended.

You're right.

That means we can use SAX2 ( and even replace the SAX1 ProjectHelper ),
but the problem remain on choosing the default for namespace support -
which must be disabled if we want to support the 'not recomended' XML format,
or can be enabled by default if we don't.

Note that test:task is likely to fail in other tools - like IDEs, etc
where a SAX2 parser is used. Most of the times the namespace processing
is enabled in tools ( it is by default anyway ).

Costin