ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: My itches for 1.6
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 22:24:21 GMT
On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> There is a similar thing in cocoon that we just did that we called
> InputModules.
> In the Cocoon sitemap, we have things that are similar to Ant
> properties, and we used to have them in a Hashtable (well, not totally
> true but kinda ;-)
> Now we have "Modules" to access properties, ie
> {request:username}
> {sitemap:myproperty}
> {context:mystuff}
>
> Basically what you are saying, right?

That was my first aproach - use a 'namespace' with ${prefix:expression},
and register different sources based on prefix.

The current solution is using an 'interceptor' interfaces, and each
interceptor will 'see' all requests and be able to provide the value.
I think it is a bit more flexible and works better for the 'embedding'
case ( since the embedding app will get a chance to provide values
for all the properties used in the build.xml - if it wants to ).

> Can we make some common functionality?
> Hmmm...

The implementation of the hook is quite small. However using the
various 'sources' that cocoon ( or other ) provide shouldn't be
difficult.

Costin