ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: <import> enhancement, it's done, but do you like how it works ?
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 06:20:40 GMT
On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> > I was just thinking - how difficult would it be to implement this
> > as an add-on task for ant1.5 ?
>
> You mean the <import> tag?
> Well, it already works for 1.5 AFAIK.

I'm a bit confused here - is it included in the 1.5 release ? Can you
use it as an optional task in 1.5 ?
I tought it is in the 1.6 branch, and requires some change to
ProjectHelper, didn't know it was also included in 1.5.

> > I know <import> needs some support from the xml processor - if this
> > can be done in ProjectHelper2 it would be possible to use it with 1.5,
> > as oposed to waiting for 1.6.
>
> Currently the patch is for ProjectHelperImpl, without namespace support.
> Do you think it's time I port it to ProjectHelper2 and we stick to that?

I think we should stick to ProjectHelperImpl - that's the current ant
xml processor.

But it would be great if it could be ported to ProjectHelper2, as I
hope it will eventually be included in ant1.6 - but as all proposals it
is just a possibility. If Conor or Peter would like to have a sax2
processor based on their proposals - I can step back. But if not,
I think it is time to switch to SAX2 and at least discuss the various
options for namespace use in 1.6 ( and use it with 1.5 for existing
projects ).

> > I am trying to get the classloader fixes into ProjectHelper2, and also
> > the dynamic properties. Having it working with 1.5 will allow imediate
> > use and get more feedback for 1.6.
>
> Sure, that's exactly the plan.

Do you have any info about how can it be used with 1.5 ? I know few
cases where it would help, and I want to play with it a bit.

Costin