ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: My itches for 1.6
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:01:30 GMT
On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Peter Donald wrote:

> >2. Classloader improvements. I would like to use a different
> >startup procedure, and allow the use of a class loader hierarchy
> >similar with what tomcat is using. In particular, the startup
> This will break almost all the custom tasks I have written and probably
> alot of other peoples tasks if they create their own classloaders.

Not sure I understand what will brake. I'm not talking about putting
ant implementation in a separate loader, like tomcat does - just
have a small Bootstrap that creates an AntClassLoader and puts
everything in lib/ in it ( like the shell is doing ).

It is possible to put some jars in CLASSPATH ( like they were before )
if needed.

The only difference is that by using AntClassLoader to load ant.jar
and optional.jar it is possible to add more .jars at runtime - like
junit.jar - to the same loader.

Obviously if Gump brakes - I'll try to find another solution, but
Class.forName and creating a class loader using the current loader as
parent will continue to work.

Do you have any example ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>