ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Death of a mutant ...
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 05:14:26 GMT

I don't know if you noticed - I am pretty stubborn and I like to
fight when I think I'm right and is worth it. That doesn't mean
I am right, or that other people have the same opinion with me- quite
the contrary, most of the times the majority has a different

I don't agree with blocking the development of ant1 or with
going with a different codebase at this moment - but that
means one vote only ( and probably a lot more arguments :-).

I think ant2 is not very far away - and I hope it'll have
in it elements from both mutant and myrmidon, together with
the stability and simplicity ( and full API support )of the original

All that's missing for ant2 is getting the 2 proposals incorporated
into the main codebase - and few more ant1.x releases to mix it
well :-)
I do hope you'll reconsider removing mutant - and instead try to
get it in the main tree - but in smaller chunks that everyone can
handle ( and hopefully myrmidon will do the same ).