ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: Ant 2 et al.
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 16:59:59 GMT
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Steve Loughran wrote:

> > My point is that ant1 architecute is one of the best, there is nothing
> > fundamentally wrong. And from looking at both proposals, I believe
> > they add complexity and I don't think the result is better.
>
> I think a lot of the classloader stuff is a mess. And I do think we should
> have a cleaner split between tasks and container.

And there is nothing preventing this from happening in ant1.6.

Just that we need to take each, look at the different possible
solutions, resolve the issues and find the best solution.

It is possible to add new interfaces to ant1.6 ( if you can convince
ant-dev that they are indeed needed ), and it is possible to
add '@deprecated' ( without removing the method ) to the existing
code.

Costin