ant-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: Ant 2 et al.
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 23:02:31 GMT
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Can you keep me/us more informed on the actual state and proceedings?

As I said, the code is checked in ( almost a month ago ) and it seems to
work fine for what it does. The API and the 'story' are missing.

RuntimeConfigurable2 now has an internal hook ( to be replaced with a
real/cleaner API ). You register a property source with a 'namespace',
using a task for example - and after that ${ns:property} will be
replaced by getting the property value dynamically.

I'm looking at BSF, JXPath, jelly, JSP EL for ideas on the simplest
API to plug those. I'll probably write the tasks and adapters for
BSF and JXPath, and velocity/etc would be easy to add.

The second problem ( after API ) is how to integrate this with the
namespaces. ProjectHelper2 is using SAX2 and namespaces - and
Axis for example does a lot of interesting things using the namespace
URL.  One intersting idea would be to use the namespace to locate the .jar
( or classloader ) and use the discovery mechanism ( META-INF/services )
to automatically get the tasks in that ns. But how would the namespace
play with the ${properties} ? No idea.

Costin