ant-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: Ant 2 et al.
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 01:59:48 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote on 07/08/2002 06:46:29 PM:

> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, <dion@multitask.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I've never seen anyone who implicitly understood why some tasks were
> > allowed outside targets.
>
> You are beating a dead horse here as it there is common agreement
> among ant-dev that all tasks should be allowed outside of targets.
> Expect that to be the case in 1.6.
>
> > Also, the thrill of optional.jar and friends today leaves me
> > cold. Ant could do with some serious redefinition of the task
> > categories.
>
> I can't follow you, sorry.
In short, antlib.

In a longer form, the tasks that are currently packaged in optional.jar
and their external dependencies and reliance on the user setting things up
correctly, i.e. jar files in the right place etc. The tasks should come
with their own jars in place, or know how to download them if needed.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au