ant-dev mailing list archives

From bu...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs AntTest.java TypedefTest.java
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:44:54 GMT
Thanks for debugging this, Sam!

>From your analysis, it APPEARS to be an ant problem, but if there's
something we're not doing correctly in AXIS that ant has forgiven us for in
the past, then I'd like to understand it.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org> on 07/21/2002 11:33:29 AM

To:    Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org>
cc:    ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org, axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject:    Re: cvs commit: jakarta-
       ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs AntTest.java
       TypedefTest.java

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Yet another build that continues to fail due to this change.
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2002-07-18/xml-axis.html
>
> The behavior is like the nested <mapping> element is not processed on
> line 98 of
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-
axis/java/test/wsdl/Wsdl2javaTestSuite.xml?annotate=1.113

Further debugging status.

By adding log statements to Wsdl2javaAntTask, it looks like
createMapping is called 79 times at the start of processing
Wsdl2javaTestSuite.  Immediately prior to calling execute, setNamespace
and setPackage are called with the correct values; unfortunately it
appears that this is called on a different Wsdl2javaAntTask instance.
In fact, it appears that createMapping is *never* called on the instance
of Wsdl2javaAntTask for which execute is called().

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-
axis/java/test/wsdl/Wsdl2javaTestSuite.xml
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-axis/java/test/wsdl/Wsdl2javaAntTask.
java

Note: there are 65 invokations of wsdl2java, and between them there are
a total of 111 mappings defined.  I find it hard to correlate these
numbers with the 79 calls to createMapping.

This test passes if the jakarta-ant is regressed to before 2002/07/16
06:06:46.

- Sam Ruby