ant-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: <import> enhancement, it's done, but do you like how it works?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:13:45 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote on 07/11/2002 05:48:41 PM:

> dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> > Is super.mytarget a 'special' keyword? Given that you're 'redefining'
that
> > target (mytarget), what does antcalling it do? This is confusing IMHO
for
> > an end user.
>
> Hmmm...
> It works like in java.
Well java methods don't have dependencies..... and this will break
compatibility with all targets that are defined as 'super.XXXX'.

> super.  is a special prefix.
> If I redefine mycooltarget two times I can call the first version via
> super.super.mycooltarget , and the second version super.mycooltarget .
>
> Any suggestions on how it can be made better?
Don't use antcall and target..... add a new tag to call the overidden
one.....lots of other possibilities...??
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au