ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nick Southwell" <>
Subject RE: Loading custom Task in custom TaskContainer
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:14:23 GMT
Just to follow up, in case anyone else has a similar problem:

Adding the class file location to the global classpath made no difference.
Creating a custom jar in ant/lib made no difference.

Using 'mycontent' instead of 'MyContent' for the task name allows the script
below to work as expected.  I don't understand why.  But I'm happy for now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Southwell []
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 9:10 AM
To: Ant Dev List
Subject: Loading custom Task in custom TaskContainer

I'm trying to create a custom TaskContainer to provide resources for a suite
of custom Tasks, but I find that I'm unable to load the custom tasks.

Ant1.5Beta2, j2sdk1.4.0, Win2000.

MyContainer is a copy of sequential
MyContent is a copy of the sample task.

MyContainer works with standard tasks, but custom tasks won't load
MyContent works inside standard TaskContainers.

    <target name="run">

        <echo message="Hello world from outside"/>
            <MyContent/>        <!-- !!Causes a class loader failure -->
            <echo message="Hello world from inside"/>
            <echo message="Hello world from inside"/>

I've tried adding loaderref to the taskdef's, but that made no difference.
Any ideas for fixes or work-arounds would be appreciated.

Nick Southwell

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>