ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Ayers" <danny...@virgilio.it>
Subject RE: http get task
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 19:21:18 GMT
Thanks again Dominique.

The main reason I did the <get> was so it would be possible to automatically
turn dynamically generated web content ('fried') into static content
('baked'). The simplest way I could think of was :

* http get the page

* rename to something based on the date (e.g. blog_2002-07-11.html)

* ftp to somewhere else

For this the http server date/time wouldn't really be needed, but I can
imagine that might be useful in other archiving situations.

Cheers,
Danny.

---
Danny Ayers