ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: No API docs on the website?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:10:54 GMT
Talking about API docs...

During 1.5 beta, many people were confused by the fact the doc was for 1.5
beta, instead of the released version 1.4.1 (Even though it was written so
in big bold letters).

So when the API docs come back, what version of Ant will it document?
* 1.5 as released?
* the latest of ANT_15_BRANCH, to become 1.5.1?
* CVS HEAD, to become (1.6, 1.9, 2.0, whatever...)?

People have said Ant was mature, achieving critical mass. Maybe it's time to
document *all* still widely used versions of Ant (as far as I can tell,
1.4.1, 1.5, and soon 1.5.1), with *not so discreet* reminders on the front
page of the old versions to upgrade to the latest released version.

That would also allow a tool like AntDoc to point to an official place on
the Net to consult the Ant documentation for a specific version of Ant. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Skeet [mailto:jon.skeet@peramon.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 8:03 AM
To: Ant developers (E-mail)
Subject: No API docs on the website?

Is there any reason why the API docs apparently aren't on the website? I
get "Apache Ant API has not been generated" when looking for it... I'd
expected to see the 1.5 docs.

(The reason for looking is to see whether the JonasDeploymentTool docs
look how I think they'll look - ie with lots of #foo bits where it's
trying to link to a private variable foo.)

Jon, back on the JavaDoc cleaning kick...