ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: <condition> inside tasks!!!
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 22:20:39 GMT
OK. (I guessed I missed the purpose of Task in the documentation ;-)

About adding aspects, I'm sure you've considered AspectJ, right? I'd be
interested to know why you wouldn't use it. Thanks, --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Murdoch [mailto:adammurdoch@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 5:00 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: <condition> inside tasks!!!

Nah, Task isn't part of the framework for the purposes of adding aspects.
If
the framework (the container) can add, remove, or replace, aspects at
runtime, then you end up with a much more flexible setup than if the aspects

are bolted onto Task at compile time.

After trying this kind of thing in myrmidon, it seems one of the simplest
ways
to add aspects to tasks, is to use container tasks, like <if>.