ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: My itches for 1.6
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:58:21 GMT
Could each proposed enhancement be discussed in its own thread?

1) Ant 1.x classloader improvements discussion
2) Dynamic properties introduction to Ant 1.6 discussion
3) etc...

Thanks, --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig []
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: My itches for 1.6

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, <> wrote:

> 1. SAX2 support.

> While it is possible to use it as plugin, I would like to propose
> deprecating ( but not removing :-) the SAX1 helper and use SAX2.

As long as it remains reasonably backwards compatible, fine.
Otherwise we'd have to make the SAX1 helper the default (this silly
example of taskdef `name="test:task"ยด).

> 2. Classloader improvements.

Let's discuss this in detail - how it affects the exisiting user tasks
and how we can improve current Ant's situation without breaking them.
It seemed Peter and you are already agreeing on something that might

> 3. Dynamic properties - i.e. not stored in the Project's Hashtable
> but in a different and configurable source

I don't think I've understood your rationale when you've explained it
to Nicola Ken.  Reading properties from JDK 1.4 prefs or whatever only
takes a task - what would be the benefit of storing them in a
different way?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>