ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: My itches for 1.6
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:58:21 GMT
Could each proposed enhancement be discussed in its own thread?

1) Ant 1.x classloader improvements discussion
2) Dynamic properties introduction to Ant 1.6 discussion
3) etc...

Thanks, --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 9:46 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: My itches for 1.6

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:

> 1. SAX2 support.

+1

> While it is possible to use it as plugin, I would like to propose
> deprecating ( but not removing :-) the SAX1 helper and use SAX2.

As long as it remains reasonably backwards compatible, fine.
Otherwise we'd have to make the SAX1 helper the default (this silly
example of taskdef `name="test:task"ยด).

> 2. Classloader improvements.

Let's discuss this in detail - how it affects the exisiting user tasks
and how we can improve current Ant's situation without breaking them.
It seemed Peter and you are already agreeing on something that might
work.

> 3. Dynamic properties - i.e. not stored in the Project's Hashtable
> but in a different and configurable source

I don't think I've understood your rationale when you've explained it
to Nicola Ken.  Reading properties from JDK 1.4 prefs or whatever only
takes a task - what would be the benefit of storing them in a
different way?

Stefan