ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Death of a mutant ...
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:10:15 GMT
Good point. I didn't know JDK 1.1 users could have Java2 collections!
Knowing that, there's no reason not to use them them!!! As to how many
people as use Ant vs. JDK1.4, that's a total shot in the dark Costin... I'd
could say the reverse, and who would be right. Show me the numbers... --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Wannheden, Knut [mailto:knut.wannheden@paranor.ch]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 9:39 AM
To: 'Ant Developers List'
Subject: RE: Death of a mutant ...

As for Java2 and collections:  Have you considered going the same way as the
JDOM project, which requires Java1.1 users to download the collection.jar
from Sun (http://java.sun.com/beans/infobus/#collections)?  Of course there
are other things in Java2 which would be useful in Ant, but it could be used
to make the transition.  How many users are there working in Java1.1
environment anyway?