ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Ant 1.5 Final Release
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 16:55:41 GMT
And then, there's the DateSelector bug...
Personally, release date is not as important as quality. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 11:45 AM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.5 Final Release

--- Magesh Umasankar <umagesh@apache.org> wrote:
> Please download the Ant 1.5 Release Candidate 1
> (Ant 1.5RC1) available at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~umagesh/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.5RC1/
>
> Please take a look and vote on its adoption
> as the 1.5 Final Release.

The doc for the new <tempfile> task doesn't look to have gotten fixed.
Also, it doesn't look to have been added to the overview tables page.

I don't see any of the Jarlib-* tasks mentioned in either WHATSNEW or the
overview page. (They're also listed with a lower-case "j" in the Optional
Tasks list, which should get changed to "J", to be consistent.)

I don't see SourceOffSite mentioned anywhere in WHATSNEW.

I've fixed the proposed fix I made to ReplaceRegExp to delete lines that
end up empty after substitution -- do people agree it's a bug that there's
currently no way to get that to happen, so the change should go into 1.5?

Does anyone besides me think it's a bug that <filelist> demands a 'dir'
attribute, since there's no valid reason that it does? I have a (proposed)
minor change to fix that -- although I may need to look through the tasks
that currently support a FileList and make sure they're okay with it.

Are we satisfied that any still outstanding bugs marked Blocker, Critical,
or Major are okay to be left unfixed for now? (Just doing a quick scan
through, it looks 6323 was on the verge of getting fixed, for example.)
For the complete list, see:

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSI
GNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=Blocker&bug_severity=Critical&bug_seve
rity=Major&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtyp
e2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&changedin=&votes=&ch
fieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&product=Ant&component=Build+Process&c
omponent=Core&component=Core+tasks&component=Documentation&component=Optiona
l+Tasks&component=Other&component=Wrapper+scripts&short_desc=&short_desc_typ
e=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_
file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&field0-0-0=noo
p&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)