ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Hosting new Ant2 repository with SubVersion!?!?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:15:45 GMT
[1 was hosting Ant2 with SubVersion]

> My first response was only about (2).  As for (1), go for it!  Just be
> prepared to have some people watching our dev list, in case anything
> comes up.  (And you might as well wait for the Alpha release, of
> course.)
>
> I guess also be prepared for a slightly greater inconvenience to
> contributors.  After all, they probably already have CVS clients
> installed on their systems; now you're asking them to install this
> other `svn' thing as well.  It's not a huge burden, just something to
> keep in mind.

Hmm... it could, however, be quite a change for those of us with great CVS integration in
our IDEs. (I don't suppose there's a SubVersion Eclipse plug-in, is there? :)

There's also the matter of the rest of jakarta - isn't it *all* done on CVS? How is SubVersion
going to fit in with the other projects? I dare say that SubVersion is better than CVS in
many respects, but keeping with a certain amount of uniformity has many benefits too.

-0 on this one. I'd rather not, but I'm certainly not going to try to really put any roadblocks
up.

+1 for starting an Ant2 repository of *some* description.

Jon